8 March 2011

Outfit Post: Daisy Dares You.

Hey everyone,

Goodness me, where did Spring go?
Yes it's still nice and sunny, but I found myself rummaging around in my scarves drawer for a winter wooly!

However, I am British.
Therefore if I see the sun - I assume it's spring SUMMER already.
Which is affecting my wardrobe choices and making me leave the house without a coat like a typical Geordie girl.

DRESS: Topshop.
CARDIGAN: Forever 21.
BELT: Miss Selfridge.
NECKLACE: Present from Daniel.
SHOES: New Look.
POINT OF FASHION: Daisies = spring. Ergo, spring is here...right?

Since my last few outfits have been quite loud and bright, I wanted to slightly tone things down today. I love the nude colour of the cardigan, and the pattern is stunning (They're regency ladies - scroll down near the bottom of this entry for a closer look!).

The daisy dress is also my favourite at the moment!
I did play slightly more than what I usually do for a day dress (about £30), but Primark currently have a very similar design for about half that price. Hmmm.

1: It was St David's Day last week, and I made some yummy Welsh cakes for elevenses. Thanks to Beth for the heads up - I hadn't even heard of them before!

2: I keep being inspired by blogs on Tumblr with stunning nail art. However, I am incredibly inpatient so end up giving up halfway through and scrubbing everything off.

3: Today is Shrove Tuesday, better known as "Pancake Day" in the UK. I usually favour the bigger, fluffier American-style pancake, but Italian Catholic Mother has always made delicious crepes which we had with Nutella. Nom nom nom.


I have one week of freedom left before I begin my new job next Wednesday.
I'm really looking forward to starting, and everyone so far seems friendly. Plus, it's nice that it's a completely new place, so I don't have to go in as "the new girl" as we'll all be in the same boat!

See ya'll tomorrow for Girl Crush Wednesday!


Muchos love,
MessyCarla.

25 comments:

  1. The dress looks beautiful on you. Can I have your hair please? Can I can I xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit- the cardigan and dress look amazing!
    I know exactly what you mean about the weather- I'm currently really really behind on my wool wash so I need to get sorted soon else I'll freeze!
    Welsh cakes are amazing, I'm a little sad I'm at uni today so aren't having pancakes with my family. I am however going home this weekend so may force them to have a pancake day no 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i looovee this dress i have a similar one from matalan but you couldn't really call mine a dress you can see my bum without me even bending over! haha

    also i know how you feel about leaving theh ouse without a coat i thought the same this morning and regretted it almost instantly!

    aroselikethis.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is absolutely beautiful! And your cardigan was such a great find, it looks lovely (: LOVE that photo of your Mum in pancake-flipping action aha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that cardigan! The pattern is so cute and you've styled it beautifully with that dress :)

    Happy Pancake Day! Your mum is clearly a pro at pancake flipping, ahaha :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wahey! great pancake action shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm... crepes, yummy. Happy Pancake Day to you!

    I really like the cardigan you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit, and I love your cardi! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear,i'm not british and in this past days if i see a ray of sun i think i can wear dresses and flats,wronggg,as i go out it's either cold or starting to rain.

    Creped and nutella,best thing ever!!

    I think that all of us using Tumblr want to make the most delicious looking nails ever,but i always end up ruining them or loosing my patience!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the dress, Welsh cakes are yum aren't they? It's been a long time since I made any but I'll have to dig out my old welsh recipes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress looks gorgeous on you! A friend tried on the Primark version a couple of days ago and the cut was awful, so I think you made the right choice. I haven't had a chance to make pancakes yet, but I might cheat a little and have them as a midnight snack :)

    Good luck at your new job xoxo

    ps - I have a case of British summer dressing too, and I've been freezing for days - when will I learn? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahah LOVE the flipping pancake picture, good job! I cheated and used a flipper fish slice thing - meh! Don't like mess! Love the outfit - That dress is quite similar to a primark playsuit!

    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those squashed teacakes look so good! As I can see the sun shining, I'm surprised you even have a cardigan on. You're letting the Geordies down ;)

    On a nicer note, I love your dress/outfit/life! & I may have to buy that Claire's nail polish...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the dress! I'm on a mission to find it now!

    Also, in my opinion, the only way to eat pancakes is with nutella. Completely nomable :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute dress! =) Very pretty!

    Awesome pancake shot! I didn't get chance to make pancakes last night =( *boo!*

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your dress!

    And I totally agree with the nail art thing - I just put on a red colour and go! :)

    good luck with the new job!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am too lazy for nail art now too! I'm almost too lazy/busy to even paint my nails now. I love that topshop dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that dress on you! Wow yum... I'm so hungry! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carla you look lovely as always, I'm the same when it comes to the sun - break out the sunglasses and flip flops! In fact, I bought an ice cream t'other day just to make a point!

    Also, the pancake photo is INSPIRED. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love love the dress, its lovely! I much prefer this version to the Primark one.
    Your nail polish set looks so cute too - I love glitter polish.
    Good luck on starting your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a very cute dress! I really like it!!! I love the fact we've had (2) sunny days recently! It makes me feel happier!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I looove that dress! Hope your new job starts well if I don't talk to you beforehand :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your dress, it is so beautiful! The pancake picture is great and nutella is awesome on pancakes :)

    ReplyDelete